Maintenance & Repair Instructions
Maintenance & Troubleshooting
Use a vacuum cleaner to clean dirt and debris from the inside of the machine and in and around the black hopper tray. The build up of debris in the hopper can cause excess wear on the feeder motor which powers the spinning of the hopper tray. Shake off excess sand and dirt from the tennis balls before putting them into the hopper.
To clean the exterior case, use a damp cloth. Do not use chemicals or abrasive cleansers.
The use of compressed air for cleaning is not recommended.
We recommend cleaning the ball throwing wheels every year or after 150 hours of use especially when the machine is not throwing the balls consistently. Clean the ball throwing wheels only when the machine is powered off. Firmly rub coarse sandpaper across the throwing wheels through the ball ejection opening to remove the dirt and ink build-up. Sand the entire circumference of each wheel and use enough pressure to rough-up the rubber surface of the wheels.
Most repair work can be completed by the customer. It is very rare for a Spinshot ball machine to be returned for repairs. If a component of the machine is faulty or breaks we can send you a replacement part and instructions will be provided on how to install it.
Replacement of Feeder Motor in Player and Plus-2 machines
- Unscrew all 4 screws at each corner of the control panel. This will give you access to the feeder motor when replacing it.
- Unclip the two cable connections from the feeder motor to the control panel.
- Unscrew the spring that sits out above the black feeder tray.
- Unscrew the two screws of the green (or black) disk above the black feeder tray.
- Remove the black feeder tray by pulling it straight up.
- While holding the original feeder motor from the underside, unscrew the 4 screws that hold the feeder motor to the underside of the green hopper base and remove the feeder motor.
- Install the replacement feeder motor to the underside of the green hopper base and reconnect the two feeder motor cables.
- Turn the machine on to test the new feeder motor is turning counter clockwise.
- Follow the above sequence in reverse to reinstall the black feeder tray, disk and spring.